Ensuring your Archive or Collection remains relevant and current requires a flexible approach to Digital Preservation that allows you to adapt to changing organization and public access needs. This means going beyond simply ingesting, normalizing and storing as a one-time activity to being able to easily re-arrange, re-cycle, refresh and safely remove content on an on-going basis after ingest.
In this session we will share examples of how Preservica is being used today to help institutions adapt to changing needs and bring their Archives and Collections to life.
What you will learn and see:
- How to automate the on-going synchronization of Catalog metadata with your Digital Preservation system, using ArchivesSpace as an example
- How to use drag & drop collection re-arrangement and Virtual Collections to meet temporary and changing needs
- How to automate the ingest of new content from systems like SharePoint, Outlook and Gmail
- How to ensure your digital content is always in the most accessible format, using Active Preservation
- How to safely and simply share your digital archive and collection with the public (or other communities) through an easy to customize portal