Most of digital preservation tools available today are either expensive or difficult to use. In this workshop, you will discover how the integrated digital preservation repository LIBSAFE will help your organization to create a complete solution in an agile and cost-effective way, including:
- Preprocessing: Configure the system to make changes to the objects, consolidate to unified data structures, generate new formats from existing ones.
- Ingestion: Supporting unlimited Submission Agreements and preservation policies. Extract the metadata from objects; characterize and validate them. Integrate open source tools in your ingestion workflow.
- Retrieval and discovery: Search using the integrated catalog, or integrate LIBSAFE with your own catalog. Use open source connectors to link LIBSAFE with discovery tools like VuFind or BlackLight.
- Evolve: Discover the formats you are using and migrate from one format to another.
- Certify: Use the ISO 16363 self-certification wizard to prepare your repository certification.